Last Friday some very special friends had me over to have a late birthday celebration. I had no idea that there would be an ice cream bar awaiting me when I arrived to their house. What an incredible delight. Coldstone couldn't compete with the line-up they created. After I loaded my bowl up with so much ice cream and every topping known, I thought we were going to watch a movie - but somehow we never got to it. I'm not sure how it all happened, but suddenly it was 1am and we had been dancing to Michael Jackson for 3 hours.
When I heard the news of MJ, I wasn't sure how to react. Yes he is definitely eccentric and perhaps engaged in questionable behavior. On the other side, you think of the most influential musicians and you think the Beatles, Elvis, and MJ. I'm not incredibly attached to him - I never listened to him growing up (somehow I doubt my classically trained musician parents would have ever enjoyed Billie Jean) - and my first memory of his music is playing The Way You Make Me Feel with Kristin our freshman year in her dorm. So there's not a lot of history between Michael and I...but on Friday night in Tallahassee, four girls paid tribute to the king of pop. United like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, we danced in a dark living room all with an insatiable appetite for MJ's finest hits. This will go down as my most cherished Michael Jackson memory. I'd love to hear favorite memories of MJ from my Faithful Followers!
ps - My ice cream, I named it "thank God for metabolsim"
Ah - Kellum Hall! I'm glad I was your first MJ memory...and 812 was a great to hold it!
ReplyDeleteholy ice cream! you are amazing if you were able to finish that whole bowl!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! hehehe... best night ever! :-) happy belated birthday "Annie, are you okay?"!
ReplyDelete<3 always... dirty diana :-)