I found this recipe at Ceramic Canvas. She called it a cuplet. Some call it a tarlet. I think both of those words sound discusting. So I don't know what to call this little treat. Suggestions welcome.
Anyways, this came about for a few reasons. A of all, it was a Saturday and I didn't have anything to do, and B of all, and my parents were coming home from being up north that night. I figured they would probably be hungry and would appreciate a little something to eat. Key Lime sounded like the perfect welcome back to the south, but I wasn't about to commit to making a whole pie and then waiting for it to sit in the fridge. I'm a millenial, I need immediate results.
So, I found this, and whever you want to call it, I totally dig this because it only has 6 ingredients and that makes me and my wallet happy.
This is everything you'll need: Graham cracker crumbs, key lime juice, a lime, butter, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy whipping cream. Honestly it took me longer to wander around Publix trying to find all these ingredients than it did to make this.

First step: Comine 3/4 c graham cracker crumbs, 3 tbsp of sugar and 3 tbls of melted unsalted butter. This will be your cookie crust. Mix well. Looks like dog food, do not be discouraged by this.

Next: I used the really tiny muffin pan. You could use cupake size pans as well but I wanted the mini muffin pan because it makes for easy one-bite consumption. I sprayed with Baker's Joy.

Put a little over 1 tbsp of the graham cracker mix into the muffin pan and press out with fingers. This was disgusting to me, having long fingernails and all. Graham cracker under the fingernails isn't quite the spa treament I was looking for. Bake for about 12 minutes at 350 degrees and cool completely.

Man down!!!!!!!
Next, mix together in a bowl 6 tbsp of key lime juice, 4 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk, zest from one lime (no picture for this. It looked like mucus).
In a mixer, whip 1 cup of cream until soft peaks form, then gently fold into the key lime mixture.

So you're supposed to put the mixure into a piper and pipe into the shells, but since I'm not fancy and don't own a piper, I just put the mixture in a ziplock bag and cut off a SMALL triangle corner of the bag. Ghetto, but it worked nicely. Resourceful.





Yummm...can I hire you?
ReplyDeletethose are adorable! and look so good! hope they were!
ReplyDeleteUm, pioneer woman 2.0! I LOVE the photos!! What a great recipe too!!
ReplyDelete