Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Puppy love in Target

Dear cutie in Target,
At first I didn't pay much attention to you (even though you were adorable) because I figured, like most guys in Tallahassee, you were between the ages of 19 and 22.  You were so super cute - you with your little blue shorts and guy harvey shirt - my heart could just melt.  Remember when I ran into you in the music section?  And then remember when we walked towards the card section?  Those were special times.  You walked by my aisle a few times when I was looking at birthday cards - you were looking for something, someone, perhaps.  We caught eyes at least 4 times, I know you remember that.  I heard a few aisles over when you found your mom and headed towards the checkout line.  We exchanged one last glance as I gave up all hopes - I mean you were with your mom, I was sure you were young.  I got over you.

I didn't mean to be in the checkout line behind you, but of the two lanes open I definitely wasn't going behind Octomom.  So sorry for seeming overbearing when I lined up behind you.  Your mom must have been  having some type of party with the paraphernalia she was buying.   Imagine my surprise and delight when I read that your shirt said Sigma Chi Homecoming, University of Florida 2002.  I became wary of you because of your alma mater, however, my hope was renewed when I realized you were at least my age.  I wondered who you were, what you were doing in Tallahassee, what was your story, and would you like to take me on a date?  I could have brought up so many things, such as making connections of friends who were in your fraternity at UF - I mean what an easy in!   But I choked.  I hung my head low as I exited the store, passing you by without even a hello.  I hope to see you again soon.  Target, same time, same place, next week?


Clues linking me to this individual are much appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. I smile as I say that was really cute. But... it's 2009, almost the year of the 10. You are going to have to step up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reads much like a missed connections on craigslist. Maybe you should post there? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a new crush every other day. haha. your leather hat guy crush is so over. :-) -krg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the title of this blog, puppy love...and for the first few sentences I genuinely thought it was about a "cutie" dog.

    One track mind...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this... sorry I cant help

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Marni... I thought this was a "love of pups" post :)

    ReplyDelete