I know I said this blog wasn't going to be life updates, but I think holy matrimony is worth writing about (plus I know a few of my followers are eagerly anticipating details of the Black/Andrews wedding).
I'll say it: I love going to my friend's weddings. Each year there seems to be exponentially more weddings to attend, and this summer is no exception. I consider it an honor to make the guest list - maybe all they want is a gift out of me, but I'm going to pretend I'm just that special of a friend. I love how each wedding I've attended have all been so different and successfully captured who the couple is. Saturday was no different - here's a bullet list (i love lists)
- Christina May looked stunning - her mom made her dress
- Stephen looked handsome and so happy
- Outdoor wedding at The Retreat at Bradley's pond
- the Maid of Honor gave a toast to Florida State University (for finding her a best friend and for finding CMB the love of her life, how great)
- xo sisters sang shades
- kappa alphas sang KA rose
- polaroid cameras = hit
- the reception hall was decorated with oil paintings that Stephen's dad painted - and our gift was a mini-print of some oil paintings he did of Bradley's.
- sent them off with sparklers and drove away in an old timey car
Then there was the first dance. In true Christina May style, they started with Michael Buble "How Sweet it is". About 30 seconds in, the music stopped and Black Eyed Peas "Let's get it started" comes on. They look pissed and I start to feel incredibly awkward that the DJ had just ruined their first dance as a couple. All of a sudden they break into a full on choreographed dance - flips, turns, swings, shoulder brushing, running man, fist pumps - and my jaw is on the floor. I cannot say I expected this from them....but I can't say I am all that surprised. All I can hope is that it ends up on youtube as it definitely is much more fabulous than this first dance. Well played, Andrews.

Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Andrews
i was def def def def planning on bustin out a wacky choreographed dance midway thru as well... we'll see what happens...
ReplyDeleteps- i love that pic bc everyone in it looks pissed. just look closely.
ReplyDelete