Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Write me a letter

Remember back in 2nd grade when your teacher or sunday school teacher gave you a pen pal?

I'm 24 years old and I have a pen pal.  A real, legitimate pen pal.  When we first started writing, I had just started grad school at Carolina and my pen pal was in seminary in Louisville, KY, with a friend of mine from college - that's how we got to being pen pals.  Josh (friend) gave Jeff (pen pal) my address, and we've been going strong since October 2006!  We've been through graduations, moves, weddings (he's been in 9, I'm going on 5), and a lot of growing up.  He went to Texas Tech and loves it there as much as I love FSU, so we like to talk college football and hate on the Gators.  He's finishing up seminary from Covington, GA, where he works now.  

The coolest thing about being pen pals:  We have met...and met more than once!  And every time it seems to be a random "you're in (name a city)? Me too!".  We first met when we both were going to Manhattan at the same time, then again when FSU played UK in the Music City Bowl in Nashville, then in Athens, GA, and once more at the coolest coffee shop Java Monkey in Decatur, GA.

Hey Pen Pal - you're awesome!  Expect a letter back next week!


Watching the Central Park Dance Skaters Association in Central Park, August 2007

4 comments: