I was 5 or 6 when my mom told me she was diagnosed with MS a year after I was born. It's a degenerative disease so it's gotten worse (read: her mobility has decreased) over the years. But you guys that know her know she's the jam. I don't know how she stays so positive and truly doesn't let MS stop her. She teaches, she cooks, she goes out (quite often actually) and travels. That doesn't mean it's not super hard for her - but she doesn't let her limitations discourage her. She has an aura of sweetness, femininity, and gentleness. She is completely lovely.
I though this was a cool 4 minute video that the MS Society created for World MS day.
My mom is one of 2 million people worldwide who live with MS. Any day now, Congress will start making decisions about crucial funding for MS research. The legislation would invest 15 million dollars in MS research which could hold the key to new treatments and cures. HERE IS MY PLEA: Won't you take 20 seconds to send a letter to your legislators supporting MS research? The goal is 50,000 letters by midnight tonight. All you have to do is input your info, your legislators will pop up, you click "send" and wah la - you've joined the global movement to bring attention to MS. Click here to access the form.
Check them out:
Props to Michael @williamsmichael and Kristin Miller for writing their congresspeople already!
My letter has been sent! Love you Juls!
ReplyDeleteIt was so easy to do! Great post Jules!
ReplyDeleteI sent my letter too! I don't even think it took 20 whole seconds... :)
ReplyDeleteYour madre is so totally cool. :-) -krg
ReplyDeleteMy letters went out too! Though I doubt that lame Saxby Chambliss will do anything with it. Grrrrr
ReplyDelete